Friday, November 2, 2007

Hazy Boundaries

Nice work of art illustrating lack of or hazy boundaries in dysfunctional people. There is a boundary around us in a physical sense but also in a behavioral sense. When a person has good boundaries he respects anothers wishes or property. But when he does not he steps right over the line into selfishness. This is bad bizness. This shows that this person will just take what he wants and could not possibly be a proper role model or partner for anyone. Alcohol seems to intensify this behavior. This selfishness. People with good boundaries set them and if the other does not like it...well that's too bad. We all have our limits. I once asked a man I loved to call before being done with work as he sometimes got finished at 3am. I asked him to call at 10 to say what time he was coming. He did this but I could tell he did not LIKE it. I was setting a personal boundary as I was ill and needed the sleep. It never did work out because I had expectations and boundaries. Ho-hum.
Another day.....
Sweet Dreams Peoples

No comments: