Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It Might Have Been Worse

"Most certainly I was powerless over alcohol, and for me, my life had become unmanageable. It wasn’t how far I had gone, but where I was headed. It was important to me to see what alcohol had done to me and would continue to do if I didn’t have help.
"At first it was a shock to realize I was an alcoholic, but the realization that there was hope made it easier. The baffling problem of getting drunk when I had every intention of staying sober was simplified. It was a great relief to know I didn’t have to drink any more."

1 comment:

-Mirage said...

Susan, my very good friend and twin, the pangs of your sober voice are starting to overide your desire to drink. You are in sober school. Lovely how you are adapting. you and I know we love you buzzing. But, it has far less meaning in the scheme of things when you are sober and learning to feel comfortable in it. Perhaps you don't quite realize the powerful transcendence you have accomplished. With this, you strength outweighs your weekness (which is always ready for your permission to pounce)you are growibng stronger faster, I can see it. Your thoughts are crystal. Your intention is pure. I am so proud of you. I am doing the same. in my own way.
but you, you are STRONG and OPEN to feeling comfortable with the new you! Thank you for the inspiration!

Mirrorick....