Thursday, May 24, 2007

In The Bathroom and At A Restaurant I Turn Into Gramma Helen...

MY ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER...PURE, UNCONDITONAL LOVE!

My brother taught me to eat fast...my gramma taught me to wipe the bathroom sink out with my hands all around the edges everytime I used it. She also, as a waitress and a short order cook...(just like me)... instilled in me a camaraderie with the restaurant folk to tip big, clear the table and stack the dishes at a restaurant throughout the meal to help the waitress and to almost bus the entire dining room after I finished eating...to my dining partners' chagrin. I just can't help myself! I have to help! I want to make life easier on everybody. I was a banquet waitress and lifted trays almost too hard to get off the tray stand. My knees would almost buckle. After being a combat ski area waitress for a large chunk of my life and then a restaurant chef and kitchen manager, I just am comfortable with that crowd. Sometimes I catch my brother doing it too....lol
I love you Gramma Helen...you are a memory that enriches every breath I take!
Your Little Suzy

No comments: