Sunday, January 27, 2008

Alcoholics

Alcoholics can stop drinking they just can't STAY stopped.......every time they drink that one drink they can't stop. Their tolerance level is just where they left off. In my case it takes 3 drinks w/double shots to even get started. Wine just gets finished. Wine goes bad..ya gotta finish it.
Most people I know drink. They think nothing of it. Who isn't an alcoholic one said to me.
I get hangovers. I never drink in the morning. It's called Hair of the Dog that bit you. Bad alcoholics start again in the morning. First thing. I'm glad I never got there. I miss the fun that went along with drinking. You loosen up and regular stuff is more fun and funny. You are more funny to you and to your co-drinker. To others you are probably just stupid. Asinine. My straight friends kind of bore me. Everything just seems more fun with pot and/or booze. I haven't had a drink in three weeks. I can't say that I will never drink again. That sets you up for failure. You beat yourself up too bad if you mess up. It's sort of like dieting. If you cheat all hell breaks loose. You break the scale too. I'm normally funny. I haven't laughed in a long while.
I'm on meds that are probably making me a bit apathetic and depressed. Lethargic. I make myself hike. In the cold. I don't really enjoy it. But it helps with weight loss. Time to read.
Coffee and books. That's my life now. Friends are few and far between. Sober ones.
Tsunami

No comments: