Friday, January 18, 2008

Persistence Pays Off

This portuguese old boyfriend never gives up trying to court me. He is a libra sweetheart. I have always had other men in my head or on my mind when he came up with the exception of the first time we reconnected after 20 yrs. That day I was truly in the Now. Then I let other things get in the way. Failed relationships-trying to revive them. Difficult relationships-trying to navigate them. When the whole time this sweet giving compassionate man was waiting for me to wake up and smell the coffee. It took months of sobriety and near death to wake me up. Take love when it is offered do not spurn it. (With the exception of Victor). This man would drive through a blizzard from the cape to see me. Mow my lawn or shovel the snow and turn around and head home. Without asking for a thing. He has a car and two jobs and a heart of gold.
I've been so unconscious. Dwelling in failed relationships.
Sunami-zen

No comments: