Sunday, December 16, 2007

In Betwixt All This Drama.......Peace

As I was sitting at my desk working today, listening to Christmas music in the background, "Do You Hear What I Hear" came on. At first, I was just barely listening, then one stanza in particular got my attention:

Said the King to the people everywhere,
"Listen to what I say!Pray for peace, people, everywhere.Listen to what I say!The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night,He will bring us goodness and light.He will bring us goodness and light."

A thought occurred to me regarding there being strength in numbers, and I was reminded of this Bible verse: For where two or more are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

With that in mind, this is what I want for Christmas - I want everyone who reads this to take just one minute on Christmas Eve to pray for Peace, at, say, 5pm. Just one minute, that's all it will take, to pray for Peace. Even if you don't remember to do it at 5pm, do it sometime on Christmas Eve.If each one of you passes this on to just 3 more people, and they each pass it on to 3 more people, by the time Christmas Eve arrives, there could be millions of people praying for Peace at or around the same time. Do the math - the potential expands almost infinitely. (if it goes forward just 10 rounds, from the original group to whom I sent it, almost 1.5 million - yes MILLION - people will have received this!) Imagine how powerful it can be!All it takes is a minute, and a "mustard seed of faith."

Peace and Love to you all, and may God Bless you and keep you.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: