Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Why Do I Take Care Of Everbuddy Else Before Me?

Today I realized I had to take care of the dog and Victor before I could eat my only meal.
a can of corn with butter. Limited food supply. I need to stretch whats left on Atkins til friday and then make food to travel with. I hit the gym but was NOT into it today. I did the bike and the machines. Too much on my mind. Spent another day getting Victor to appts so he could get housing and food stamps and assistance. I got him food stamps and am working on the cash w/his doctor. He needs to fax a letter stating Vic can't work be4 they give him cash. I had not eaten all day as I overslept and his appt was at 1 so I am weary. Tommorrow is house cleaning in Killington and getting the snow out of the back of the truck and the wood, shovelling the entire entry for the renters and changing all the linens and finding some for the sofa and an air mattress. I will do the twin bedroom tonight and wrap two more presents. Today the house was shown. Boy the corn did not fill me up but thats life. I have to call the neighbor now to arrange for him to check on the house while the renters are here. Oops he just declined he thinks he will be liable in some way. Guess I'm going it alone. Time to wrap more presents and maybe relax? I got another book by Eckhart Tolle called Stillness Speaks. The only time I'm still is when I'm sleeping. I love that time. I've given up hope on Cloud Pop coming home. It's about thyme. He's been gone a year. His loss.
Much Love
Merry Xmas
Love Sunami

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking care of everyone. Hungry. Weary. CORN! Too much on your mind. 10 daze???? Too mush.... maybe knot enuff. Clouds (papa's) are clouds... they come and they go... Why try to tame and harness it? Let him be free as a cloud and you be free as the wind? harnessing and unharnessing? Corn and butter, tiredness, weight, all your problems will always be waiting here for you when you decide to return to them. Meantime... Go be free girl! Just be your beautiful you. Be here now every now. Merry Christmas.

~Loveric~

Madame7 said...

umm...i don't think corn is on the Atkins diet either. Anything that feeds yeast is disqualified. Better off just eating the butter....

I did an extended mostly-vegetarian version of Atkins once, not intentionally, i was actually trying to kill off Candida. I lost 25 lbs very easily. It was NO sugar, NO alcohol, NO grains of any kind, NO potatoes, bread, pasta, any starches. I think i ate celery with almond butter for like four months, scrambled eggs (couldn't eat over-medium eggs without toast!), stir-fried veggies and salad and salmon. Atkins isn't even this strict beyond the first month, they have you counting carbs to stay under 20g/day (which is about one hershey bar). So in about 8-10 months i got rid of the yeast and lost nearly 40 lbs.

The next time i tried an Atkins-type diet was last year when i had my coffeeshop. It didn't work as well, because i was eating dairy. Breve lattes made with half & half, very fatty cheeses, i even ate sausage a few times, with cheese omelettes. Although i was starting to lose weight, i was literally gagging myself on all those nasty animal foods. When i gave up on that diet, i started bingeing on cookies and mochas, pasta, whatever. I knew that i was going to do a colon cleanse to blast it all out before starting the raw diet, so i really let myself go for several months. When the scale hit 182 i said enough is enough, and i went 100% raw immediately. That was mid-June. Since then i've lost 25lbs. and i sleep better than ever, have pretty much eradicated my anxiety and depression, and i feel high and peaceful most of the time. I know this is a very long comment, sorry...but i am hoping to inspire you with my story. Atkins sucks, really. It works, but it makes you eat nasty crap that gunks your system up. But if you can do it 100% for a short period of time, you can lose the weight. If you're going to fudge it and not do it correctly, you'd be better off trying something else.

love ya
-j