Friday, December 28, 2007

Yesterday Was A Great Day

I had the whole day to myself...slept late, felt good, made coffee and breakfast...emailed and blogged....made dinner for my family....we watched TV and ate pie and ice cream(the pre-induction phase of the Atkins Diet). I figure we eat everything we wont be able to have after 1/1 now and that seemed to work for everyone. Watched Ice Age....Nova....A Scary Movie.
Today I am here wondering what is up for this afternoon. I shoveled snow for my mom and the shovel broke a hole in my leather boot so we may drop that off to be fixed-suede UGG boot.
Five mo days til I'm home and can resume the gym and snowshoeing. Angus is being a very good boy. I stopped drinking vodka as it was giving me eye bags. White wine occasionally.
Anxiety makes me drink. I was a bit anxious at the start of the visit but not now. It's always hard to reside in someones home. We are trying to find an assisted living apt for my mom but the rent is outrageous-$2725 mo. Veterans association can kick in but because she got remarried and he died in 90 instead of 89 she is disqualified. Makes no sense at all. My dad was a veteran of WWII. She should be compensated. Can't fight the system Buford. Would like to pick up a copy of Man In The Moon with Jim Carrey where he portrays Andy Kaufman. Saw a snippet.
Well to the shower and who knows today? Gotta throw together a meatloaf for dinner.
Smashed potatoes w/garlic already made and leftover peas and shrimp.
Need to get some exercise and the pharmacy in Rutvegas is sending my meds. Hope it gets here on monday.
Namaste
Sunami-zen

No comments: