Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Dear Friend: A Paranoid Schizophrenic

Mental Illness can really affect the people around you. I have a friend, Victor who was my roommate for 6 weeks and my matey in the hospital who held my hand through the worst of times. Today I saw him and he was bouncing off the walls w/mania and they are giving him 800mg seroquel at bedtime-that is enough to put a horse down. 100mg made me dizzy. I called the doctor to report in as I have never seen him so agitated and it is fear based as they are checking him out tomorrow on foot to a Dr appt for psych review and then to a strange motel with no money to his name for food. They need to be giving him some klonopin during the day to calm him down and they need to keep him or move him to another hospital or psych hospital. He needs supervision. I am going away 12/21-1/2 as my home is being rented 12/27-1/1.
So I can't be here for him and I can't let him stay here alone. It's not that I don't trust him but there has been a lot of talk about guns and I am afraid of them. I am also afraid he might off himself here. I called his family several times and reported in. This is not my problem but it has become my responsibility sort of. The man is infatuated with me as he showed me a list the hospital gave him for him to fill out the people he trusted most and got the most support from and I was #1 in almost every column.
I may have to take him back in as I don't know what else to do after the week is up.
Buddha give me an answer.
Love and Peace And Friendship
Sunamizen

No comments: