Friday, June 8, 2007

I Once Was Blind But Now I See

Old Fred
There is an old man
Who I love
Something about him
Endearing, a hug from above
He's eighty-five
Fell in love with me
A few years ago,
He still could see
I pushed him away
Angry about his lust
I set him straight
As I felt I must
Now his eyes have been taken
First left, then right
Was he punished for his passion
Did he err then give up without a fight
I now see him wilted, apathetic
Vision snatched from his being
Carted around by his wife warden
Punished just for seeing
I have to wonder
Is there someone up above
Overseeing the equation
Eye for an eye, because of love?
What a mystery is life
With all it's losses and it's sorrow
Do I fit in the equation?
How much sanity can I borrow?
I love an old man
He works down the road
I go hug him often
Just to lighten his load
I once was blind
but now I see
Even blind we can see beauty
It's no mystery to me

No comments: