Saturday, June 23, 2007

Mentally Scrambled

Benzopression

By Genie Polower

Never felt such bad depression
I think I need a crying session
I often force myself to walk
And it can be a chore to talk

Can't get out of my own way
When e'er I try to sing or play
Self-absorption is my game
Which seems to be a crying shame

And, now you're all my only friends
Coz you don't care I've got the bends
Or, when my poor brain can't compute
Or, when sometimes I eat some fruit

And barf it up all back again
And try to deal with my rib pain.
Benzo withdrawal can make you lazy
Or, you think you're going crazy

I've beaten this once,
I'll heal again
In spite of all this awful pain
And, you can do it, too, my friends
Even if you, too, get the bends
Just keep on taperin' and you will see
That life will improve for you and me.

Love,
Yours in withdrawal,
Genie

No comments: